Re: GNOME.Asia Summit 2011 Proposal from Hong Kong

Overall it looks like a very well done proposal.  I would like to see
some areas expanded upon, though:

- How is network availability going to be handled?  This event will
  obviously require some not-insignificant internet connectivity so
  there should be a plan.  What, for example, is the network bandwidth?

- All expenses seem equally weighted.  It would be nice to see them
  prioritized.  Is the tour the only "optional" expense?  Some printed
  materials, such as t-shirts, could be given to only those who pay an
  entrance fee.  It would be nice to see more options about how the
  event could be financed, and what the minimal cost without optional
  items would be.

- Section 6 and 7 provides some high-level information about the
  audience and event organiation, but I would like to know more details
  about how activities will be arranged, such as the Hackfest.  Will
  the local team work directly with the GNOME Marketing team, Release
  team, etc. to set up events and activities (such as a proposed
  "Help Desk")?  Or is it expected that GNOME volunteers who are not in
  the local team will take care of these sorts of tasks.

  In general, it would be nice to have a clearer picture of what
  expectations the local team has in its relationship with The GNOME
  Foundation and GNOME.Asia.  For example, how will communications be
  handled, on a mailing list?  Who will be responsible for making
  sure periodic updates are sent to the appropriate people, etcetera?

Thanks,

Brian