Re: Google is as our Bronze sponsor for GNOME.Asia Summit 2010

Hi Rex,

Yes, but since we need to put their logo and company description in
web site and booklet. We will need to collect sponsor's information
and also requirement for tech talk, booth. Especially we always ask
company introduction and the logo from the sponsor, and follow the
visual identify guide if they send us one.

We are now collecting info via web form[1] to avoid a lot of emails,
because people get messed up sometime in emails.

But it's ok that you can collect and send the final information to us
via email, or we can do it with the web form.

[1] http://sponsor.coscup.org/coscup_sponsorship/form/GAS-VyXfg

 This is a great idea. Let's use this format to collect information from Sponsor.

Since it is co-host event, we need to modify this web form for below aspects:
1. Add both logo for COSCUP and GNOME.Asia
2. For the sponsorship fee wire account, would you please add a option of the GNOME foundation account.
Or use another web form for sponsors raised by GNOME.Asia team ?
3. For the talk submit, what if one sponsors has more talks? It seems can only submit one talk at the web form

> 2. Sponsorship fund raised by GNOME.Asia team will transfer to GNOME
> Foundation account directly, follow the same process as what we did in the
> past two years. Foundation help us to manage the fund for GNOME.Asia.

This financing process is fine for us, we can work with same process.
Great.

> 3. Then when the shared cost finalized for the COSCUP/GNOME.Asia 2010, we
> will wire the fund to COSCUP account.

The timing is before the event, correct? :-)

We will try to wire once the final cost is confirmed.

However, I think late June is a quite close. We can not guarantee, because for some sponsor, after get their confirmation of sponsorship through email, they need to go through the process to wire the fund. For some big company, it takes 30 + days.

Most budget are planed to be executed at *July*. We need to make sure
the cash is sufficient all the time.

hychen (accounting lead of COSCUP), do you think late June is a good
time to get funding ready?

> If we are short of sponsorship, we can ask for support from Foundation. Then
> wire the total fund (sponsorship + support from Foundation) to COSCUP
> account.
> If we have sufficient fund raised, we first will pay the shared cost with
> COSCUP team, then consider sponsor more speakers/participant to this
> conference.
> I think we will need to work together on the template of invoice for our
> sponsors. If you already have a template, we can work together to add both
> COSCUP and GNOME.Asia logo and content.

COSCUP team does not register as legal entity in Taiwan, we do not and
can not sign contract with sponsors.  However, most companies in
Taiwan ask uniform invoice as receipt. So we do issue uniform
invoice[2] with the 3rd party company's help, and COSCUP pays VAT and
administration cost.

This is how it works right now, and we do not have invoice template
for overseas sponsors yet. We can build up the template once our logos
for joint conference are ready.

Understand. GNOME.Asia also is not a legal entity. That's why we send the money to Foundation first. There are several reasons for us to send money to Foundation are:
1. GNOME Foundation is a charity organization, so it is tax free of each transaction
2. If the sponsor send the fund to GNOME Foundation's account, we only need to send a receipt  for them. For most US company, no need for uniform invoice. (But I understand in most Asian country, company do need a uniform invoice. In this case, we need the 3rd party company's help, as the same as your process. )
3. For most international companies(like Google, Sun, Mozilla), GNOME foundation account information is already in their transfer system, so it will be easy and quick to wire the fund.

Totally, I think the whole process is clear now. We need to work on below together :
1. web form
2. invoice template (need to add both COSCUP and GNOME.Asia Logo or combined logo,let's wait for our artist )

I will send you a invoice template we used for GNOME.Asia Summit last year for your reference in another email.

(BTW, please use GNOME.Asia, not GNOME Asia, because the dot is a integrated in our brand. Thanks )

Thanks Rex for clarify all the detail process, glad to work with you and COSCUP team.

Emily