Re: Google is as our Bronze sponsor for GNOME.Asia Summit 2010

Hi, Emily
Thanks, reply inline
-Rex

2010/5/20 Emily Chen <emilychen522 gmail com>:
> Hi Rex,
>>
>> Yes, but since we need to put their logo and company description in
>> web site and booklet. We will need to collect sponsor's information
>> and also requirement for tech talk, booth. Especially we always ask
>> company introduction and the logo from the sponsor, and follow the
>> visual identify guide if they send us one.
>>
>> We are now collecting info via web form[1] to avoid a lot of emails,
>> because people get messed up sometime in emails.
>>
>> But it's ok that you can collect and send the final information to us
>> via email, or we can do it with the web form.
>>
>> [1] http://sponsor.coscup.org/coscup_sponsorship/form/GAS-VyXfg
>
>  This is a great idea. Let's use this format to collect information from
> Sponsor.
>
> Since it is co-host event, we need to modify this web form for below
> aspects:
> 1. Add both logo for COSCUP and GNOME.Asia
> 2. For the sponsorship fee wire account, would you please add a option of
> the GNOME foundation account.
> Or use another web form for sponsors raised by GNOME.Asia team ?

2. I will put your account in the page, please send me the details.

The theme should be also adjested to COSCUP / GNOME.Asia 2010, but the
bandwidth of our web team is insufficient for relaunching the COSCUP /
GNOME.Asia 2010 website. So we will update the theme of sponsorship
web form later. Hope you can understand.

> 3. For the talk submit, what if one sponsors has more talks? It seems can
> only submit one talk at the web form

3. We only collect tech talk in our web form, if the Diamond sponsor
want to have plenary talk. We will discuss with them in email, since
there are only very few plenary talk slots. Also based on current CFS,
each Diamond and Gold level sponsor have only one tech talk slot.

But if the a specical sponsor ask for extra talks, I think it's very
easy to mange with emails?

>> > 3. Then when the shared cost finalized for the COSCUP/GNOME.Asia 2010,
>> > we
>> > will wire the fund to COSCUP account.
>>
>> The timing is before the event, correct? :-)
>
> We will try to wire once the final cost is confirmed.
>
> However, I think late June is a quite close. We can not guarantee, because
> for some sponsor, after get their confirmation of sponsorship through email,
> they need to go through the process to wire the fund. For some big company,
> it takes 30 + days.

That's why we put the statmenet in our CFS, wire faster you get better
position on sonsors list. This approach helps a lot to get funding
ready. ;-)

However, we better share funding status of both side each week in irc
meeting, so we can learn the cash flow is ok or not.

>> Most budget are planed to be executed at *July*. We need to make sure
>> the cash is sufficient all the time.
>>
>> hychen (accounting lead of COSCUP), do you think late June is a good
>> time to get funding ready?
>>
>> > If we are short of sponsorship, we can ask for support from Foundation.
>> > Then
>> > wire the total fund (sponsorship + support from Foundation) to COSCUP
>> > account.
>> > If we have sufficient fund raised, we first will pay the shared cost
>> > with
>> > COSCUP team, then consider sponsor more speakers/participant to this
>> > conference.
>> > I think we will need to work together on the template of invoice for our
>> > sponsors. If you already have a template, we can work together to add
>> > both
>> > COSCUP and GNOME.Asia logo and content.
>>
>> COSCUP team does not register as legal entity in Taiwan, we do not and
>> can not sign contract with sponsors.  However, most companies in
>> Taiwan ask uniform invoice as receipt. So we do issue uniform
>> invoice[2] with the 3rd party company's help, and COSCUP pays VAT and
>> administration cost.
>>
>> This is how it works right now, and we do not have invoice template
>> for overseas sponsors yet. We can build up the template once our logos
>> for joint conference are ready.
>
> Understand. GNOME.Asia also is not a legal entity. That's why we send the
> money to Foundation first. There are several reasons for us to send money to
> Foundation are:
> 1. GNOME Foundation is a charity organization, so it is tax free of each
> transaction
> 2. If the sponsor send the fund to GNOME Foundation's account, we only need
> to send a receipt  for them. For most US company, no need for uniform
> invoice. (But I understand in most Asian country, company do need a uniform
> invoice. In this case, we need the 3rd party company's help, as the same as
> your process. )
> 3. For most international companies(like Google, Sun, Mozilla), GNOME
> foundation account information is already in their transfer system, so it
> will be easy and quick to wire the fund.
>
> Totally, I think the whole process is clear now. We need to work on below
> together :
> 1. web form
> 2. invoice template (need to add both COSCUP and GNOME.Asia Logo or combined
> logo,let's wait for our artist )
>
> I will send you a invoice template we used for GNOME.Asia Summit last year
> for your reference in another email.
>
> (BTW, please use GNOME.Asia, not GNOME Asia, because the dot is a integrated
> in our brand. Thanks )

Understand and I have received the invoice template. It's very good,
we only need to put our logo on it.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
-Rex