Re: Google is as our Bronze sponsor for GNOME.Asia Summit 2010

hi Rex,

Thanks for those document and process proposal.

For the Google Sponsorship, actually Google already planed a mount of fund to GNOME foundation in the beginning of this year to support all kinds of GNOME hack-fest and summit. Then Foundation make the decision to support each event. So the fund is already in GNOME foundation. We have confirmed with Google and Foundation that this fund is for GNOME.Asia/COSCUP 2010. Foundation will keep those fund for GNOME.Asia Summit.

For the future sponsor, we would like to follow below process:
1. Once new sponsor confirmed, we will announce the news in both COSCUP and asia-summit mail list , as well as on the website. We will provide a invoice or contract for sponsor. This document will follow the template of COSCUP/GNOME.Asia.
2. Sponsorship fund raised by GNOME.Asia team will transfer to GNOME Foundation account directly, follow the same process as what we did in the past two years. Foundation help us to manage the fund for GNOME.Asia.
3. Then when the shared cost finalized for the COSCUP/GNOME.Asia 2010, we will wire the fund to COSCUP account.
If we are short of sponsorship, we can ask for support from Foundation. Then wire the total fund (sponsorship + support from Foundation) to COSCUP account.
If we have sufficient fund raised, we first will pay the shared cost with COSCUP team, then consider sponsor more speakers/participant to this conference.

I think we will need to work together on the template of invoice for our sponsors. If you already have a template, we can work together to add both COSCUP and GNOME.Asia logo and content.

在 2010年5月19日 上午4:21,Rex Tsai <rex cc tsai gmail com>写道:
Hi, Emily

 Congratulation! It's great we can still secure Google this year. :D
 Unfortunately, this news is missed in the meeting today. But I think
we can totally solve it offline.

 Enclosed is our current work flow (in Chinese), when one sponsor is
secured, we will send them a online form[1]. The sponsor will update
their information like company info, booth, speakers, etc. They can
always update the information via the same unique url.

 And also they can update their transaction information after they
wired the fee. Then, I will dispatch the information to each group
lead, they each group will keep in track for the latest sponsors list.

 We need to decide
- when GASC will pass the sponsor to COSCUP team
- when and how the fee wired into COSCUP's account.

 I would suggest, if you secured one sponsor, I will send you the
form for the specific sponsor. And then we will do the rest, including
check the back account to confirm the fee is wired. Of course, in the
whole process, you will still be the window to talk to the sponsor,
and always been posted.

 How do you think?

[1] Ex: http://sponsor.coscup.org/coscup_sponsorship/form/GAS-VyXfg

Tim, 魏?
 Please wait for my command to upload sponsor's logo as usual, before
we have the final workflow between both parties. :-)

Regards
-Rex

在 2010年5月17日下午6:09,Ernest Chiang <dwchiang gmail com> ?道: