Re: Google is as our Bronze sponsor for GNOME.Asia Summit 2010

Hi, Emily
The process sounds good, a few details need to be clear, reply-inline
-Rex

在 2010年5月19日下午3:43,Emily Chen <emilychen522 gmail com> 寫道:
> hi Rex,
>
> Thanks for those document and process proposal.
>
> For the Google Sponsorship, actually Google already planed a mount of fund
> to GNOME foundation in the beginning of this year to support all kinds of
> GNOME hack-fest and summit. Then Foundation make the decision to support
> each event. So the fund is already in GNOME foundation. We have confirmed
> with Google and Foundation that this fund is for GNOME.Asia/COSCUP 2010.
> Foundation will keep those fund for GNOME.Asia Summit.
>
> For the future sponsor, we would like to follow below process:
> 1. Once new sponsor confirmed, we will announce the news in both COSCUP and
> asia-summit mail list , as well as on the website. We will provide a invoice
> or contract for sponsor. This document will follow the template of
> COSCUP/GNOME.Asia.

Yes, but since we need to put their logo and company description in
web site and booklet. We will need to collect sponsor's information
and also requirement for tech talk, booth. Especially we always ask
company introduction and the logo from the sponsor, and follow the
visual identify guide if they send us one.

We are now collecting info via web form[1] to avoid a lot of emails,
because people get messed up sometime in emails.

But it's ok that you can collect and send the final information to us
via email, or we can do it with the web form.

[1] http://sponsor.coscup.org/coscup_sponsorship/form/GAS-VyXfg

> 2. Sponsorship fund raised by GNOME.Asia team will transfer to GNOME
> Foundation account directly, follow the same process as what we did in the
> past two years. Foundation help us to manage the fund for GNOME.Asia.

This financing process is fine for us, we can work with same process.

> 3. Then when the shared cost finalized for the COSCUP/GNOME.Asia 2010, we
> will wire the fund to COSCUP account.

The timing is before the event, correct? :-)
Most budget are planed to be executed at *July*. We need to make sure
the cash is sufficient all the time.

hychen (accounting lead of COSCUP), do you think late June is a good
time to get funding ready?

> If we are short of sponsorship, we can ask for support from Foundation. Then
> wire the total fund (sponsorship + support from Foundation) to COSCUP
> account.
> If we have sufficient fund raised, we first will pay the shared cost with
> COSCUP team, then consider sponsor more speakers/participant to this
> conference.
> I think we will need to work together on the template of invoice for our
> sponsors. If you already have a template, we can work together to add both
> COSCUP and GNOME.Asia logo and content.

COSCUP team does not register as legal entity in Taiwan, we do not and
can not sign contract with sponsors.  However, most companies in
Taiwan ask uniform invoice as receipt. So we do issue uniform
invoice[2] with the 3rd party company's help, and COSCUP pays VAT and
administration cost.

This is how it works right now, and we do not have invoice template
for overseas sponsors yet. We can build up the template once our logos
for joint conference are ready.

[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Invoice