Re: COSCUP/GNOME.Asia Summit 2010 IRC meeting preparation May 18, 13:30 UTC

Pockey,

I might not be able to stay on line during the whole meeting (poor
connectivity), here are some information I would like to share with
GAS team in advanced:

* After internal discussion, we think that it would be a good chance
to ship the new co-branded website with a improved layout all
together.
* The background color will be significantly lighter for better
readability and improve the integration of two full colour logos.
* The website designer, Ev, have come up a mock-up for the new
layout[1]. However
background color, banner arrangement, gaps and sizes of the elements,
and footer design is not final, nor completed. She will give us more
update tomorrow.
* As of website banner, we will ask for another designer, Honki, who will be
responsible for all the graphics, to come up a better arrangement of
the two logos and to unify all the material (poster, booklet, etc).
However before he could come up any idea, we need to confirm that
-- How far could GAS logo be modified to fit the design? Monochrome?
Change the relative position of logo and text?
-- For website header in particular, does the joint title need to be
represented? how about tagline?

I hope we could discuss these items further during meeting.

BR,

Tim

[1] http://github.com/monoceroi/coscup-2010/blob/74eef211f9b849e5358464724795ed60ed0e86a6/design/coscup.design_Portal.png?raw=true