May 19, 2010 - IRC meeting notes
- From: Pockey Lam <pockey beijinglug org>
- To: asia-summit-list <asia-summit-list gnome org>
- Cc: dwchiang gmail com
- Subject: May 19, 2010 - IRC meeting notes
- Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 00:02:58 +0800
please find below the captioned meeting notes for your reference:
0) How to make decisions that needs agreement from both GASC and CT - 10
1) Vote for a common tagline - 10 mins
Option 1: Open web and mobile technologies (by Brian)
Option 2: Web technology anywhere (by Timothy)
Option 3: Open Web, Open Mobile! (by Pockey)
Option 4: Gateway to open mobile web (by Pockey)
* both sides choose option 1: Open web and mobile
technologies as our common tagline.
2) Discuss about a common name of the event
e.g. COSCUP / GNOME.Asia Summit 2010 - 10 mins
* Conclusion: common name of our co-event: "COSCUP /
3) Discuss about web development - 10 mins
* confirm layout updates - feed back welcome
* confirm GAS logo guide
* change relative positions of text and graphics?
* decide what should appear on the website banner.
* common title?
live on irc:
* yippi: mobile website
* because GASC website team leader terral is not online in the
meeting yet. the talk on website would be on the mailing list or
later irc meeting.
4) Budget updates - 10 mins
* the original formula gives the funding to who approaches
them. and that includes common sponsors, too.
* summary: both team will have a common list of potential
sponsors, and each team will sign up for sponsors to contact.
The basic priniciple is: for sponsors that has only sponsored
one event, that event team can contact them. For common
sponsors, we have settled that COSCUP takes Nokia (done), and
GASC takes Google, Sun and Mozilla.
* Action Item: Ernest/Pockey/Emily: come out the first version
common sponsor list. then let sponsorship team to update it.
* at the same time, once we got any new confirmed
sponsors, also update each other, and put them on our
* CT's list - Canonical, Trend Micro, Opera Taiwan, OSSF,
痞客邦(Pixnet), 資策會 (創研所), Yahoo!, Marvell, Arm,
晶心科技, Samsung, OIN, 達維飛碼 DeviceVM, Canonical
* GASC's list: Intel, motorola , Google, Sun, Nokia,
* Action Item: it would be nice if we can create a combined budget
sheet, and label which items are GNOME.Asia only, which are
COSCUP only, and which are shared.
* Action Item: Rex send PockeyLam1 detail budget sheet.
5) Update each others' progress - 10 mins each side (if time allow)
* CFS process flow alignment
* CFP informations sharing to avoid topics/speakers duplication.
] [Thread Prev