Re: [anjuta-list] Couple of problems with Anjuta

Hi, Sebastien,

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 3:59 AM, Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr> wrote:
Hi Igor,

Le 27/02/2016 19:36, Igor Korot a écrit :

From test/src/Makefile.am:

AM_CPPFLAGS = \
     $(WX_CXXFLAGS) \
     -DPACKAGE_LOCALE_DIR=\""$(localedir)"\" \
     -DPACKAGE_SRC_DIR=\""$(srcdir)"\" \
     -DPACKAGE_DATA_DIR=\""$(pkgdatadir)"\"

AM_CFLAGS =\
      -Wall \
      -g \
      $(WX_CPPFLAGS)

The variable WX_CXXFLAGS and WX_CPPFLAGS are set by the WxWidgets project
templates,they should be enough to compile your project with the installed
version of WxWidgets without needing to change any property.

Well that's for the installed version of wxWidgets. I'm trying to make
it compile for
non-installed version.

bin_PROGRAMS = dbhandler

test_SOURCES =  \
     doc.cpp \

test_LDADD = \
      \
     $(WX_LIBS)

This is strange. If you try to make a program named test, bin_PROGRAMS
should be equal to test and not dbhandler. If you want to create a program
name test you should change the value of bin_PROGRAMS.

Then, test should appear as a target in the project tree pane and it's on
this object that you can set the compiler flags.

From ~/test/Makefile.am:

SUBDIRS = src po

This makefile is not really useful because it just call sub makefile in src
and po directory, it doesn't built anything itself. That's why setting the
right variables here doesn't help.

Hopefully this will help with fixing the wxWidgets template in Anjuta.

For the moment, I don't see the link. In Anjuta, you use 3 independents
stuff:

* The WxWidgets template: It's used to create the initial files including
the build files. Basically, it just add a target using WX_CXXFLAGS and
WX_CPPFLAGS. The goal is that it compiles with an installed version of
WxWidget without any change. If it's not the case, don't hesitate to propose
some changes.

OK, so by default the wxWidgets template is designed to compile user
project when the library is installed. And whatever you with project
settings - you can't change this behavior. Am I correct?
If I'm then yes I would like to see the wxWidgets template to be configurable.
The reason being - wxWidgets documentation says that you don't have to
install the library - you have wx-config to compile user code.
So maybe all you need is to add "Path to wx-config" to the project properties
if wxWidgets yemplate is used? I don't know.
Or just document a way of pointing to the right wx-config.

* The build plugin: It creates different build configuration and run make in
the corresponding directory.

* The project plugin: It is responsible for updating the Makefile.am and
configure.ac when the user add new files or change properties in the GUI.

Under all that, you have the auto tools which are responsible for generating
the Makefile from the Makefile.am.

When there is a problem, it's important to know which part is not working.

See above.
I think Anjuta just need a way of setting appropriate wx-config.

Thank you.