Re: [anjuta-list] Couple of problems with Anjuta

Sebastien,

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 2:42 AM, Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr> wrote:
Hi,

Le 27/02/2016 16:04, Igor Korot a écrit :

You probably misunderstood my comment.
My wxWidgets is compiled in 2 different directories - one against GTK+2
and one
against GTK+3. So its like this:

wxWidgets -> GTK+2 build
wxWidgets -> GTK+3 build

And I want to switch between those different configuration. So in
essense I need the
configuration of the project to work.

I still don't understand your setup. If you compiled two versions of
WxWidgets, you still have to install them.

No, it is one wxWidgets version which is compiled against both GTK+2 and
GTK+3. Those 2 configuration just stored in different directories.

Then, if it's planned in WxWidgets itself, you can install both versions at
the same time.

If not, it's always possible to install them in a different directory, using
the --prefix option of the configure script.

All this has nothing to do with Anjuta.

Yes, I can install both of them in a different directories, but then I
will still need a way
to switch between them in Anjuta.

For the quick test I can try to install wxWidgets GTK+2 build and try it
but I really prefer to work with the project configuration.

What does it mean exactly to work with the project configuration?

If I install wxWidgets version compiled against GTK+2 I can just try to compile
unchanged project in Anjuta and see whether it will be compiled successfully
or not.

In Anjuta, you can have several configurations for one project. Each
configuration has a different build directory and a different set of options
that you can pass to the configure script and that's all.

By default, you have some predefined configurations (Debug, Profile,
Optimize...) with a directory and a default set of options. You can create
new configurations, so eventually a Gtk+2 and Gtk+3 configuration. Anjuta
will only create a new directory and use some user define option when
running the configure script.

It's up to you to make sure that you use a different version of WxWiget
based on these options. It could needs that you write a custom configure.ac
and Makefile.am file.

Is it going to be me or Anjuta?
I have a lot of experience with MSVC and I used KDevelop 3.x in the past.
In KDevelop you can change the project settings and its all yopu needed to do.
Then it goes to compile and you can see the command it is using to compile
the file in the output window. So you can easily see what is going on,
especially
if you are not very familiar with configure and friends and don't have
experience
writing Makefile and rely on IDE to do that for you.

The one provided by the WxWidget project wizard don't do that for sure but
it defines an option --wx-config in the configure script. Perhaps you can do
what you want by using this option and setting it to the path of wx-config
of the installed version compiled with Gtk+2 or of the installed version
compiled with Gtk+3.

OK, how can I get access to wx-config inside Anjuta project properties
dialog?

Everything should be configurable - otherwise it defeats the purpose of
IDE.

I haven't exactly the same definition. For me an IDE should make common
things easier, to do everything, you have to write your build file yourself.

Well adding include and lib paths is a common task. And whatever developer
adding, should override the default settings of the project created.
As a developer
I do know where to point those settings in order to compile the project.

Let's say my project is called test.
So in the project window I have:
Root branch called "test".
Under it I have 2 branches: po and src - I set up project to have
internationalization.
Under the src branch I have a branch called test.
Under the branch called test I have my source and header files.
So for which branch of the project tree I should change the properties?
I'm asking because I can do that for all branches: root, src and test.

You need to change that on the target. I suppose that it's what you call
src/test. This branch src/test should have a different icon that src and po
and the properties dialog must be named Target properties and not Group
properties.

But, note that such settings is valid for all configurations, so it wouldn't
allow you to select between a build using Gtk+2 or Gtk+3. Moreover it has
nothing to do with project template or configuration handling.

OK, so I have one more question: how do I create a second build configuration
inside the project? Should I do "Project->New Target"? But then how do I switch
between them?

Thank you.

Best Regards,