Re: [anjuta-list] Anjuta installation - Question

Hi!

> I will be happy to hear your opinion about the next issue:
> I should write an interface for a robot, which uses Linux and ROS. The
> interface should be written in C using GNOME.
> What is the best way to do it? In which environment you suggest to
> work?
> In the next link
> "http://developer.gnome.org/gnome-devel-demos/stable/image-viewer.c.html"; there are tutorials for those who didn´t work with GTK+ (for example me :). Those tutorial starts from "Anjuta" installation, can I do those tutorials in some other user friendly environment other than "Anjuta"?

You can do them in Anjuta (as there is no real other IDE for GNOME
anyway) and later work out how to connect to your ROS.

Anjuta can also import cmake projects in general (use directory project
backend) but cannot edit the makefiles automatically so you will have to
do that by hand if you want to use cmake. I don't know anything about
ROS so I have no idea how that works but I assume you should probably
just seperate the UI from the actual robotor code.