Re: [anjuta-list] Anjuta installation - Question

On 10/04/11 10:47 PM, Felix T wrote:
Where exactly it will be installed? I want to have control on this...I mean is it possible to install it from every directory in Linux?
What do you mean "install it from every directory"? If what you mean is to install Anjuta to a specific location or "install it to any directory you like", the answer is no. Programs from Ubuntu packages are installed in the "/usr" prefix. If you want to install it to another location, you need to compile Anjuta from source.
What is "git"? When you say "to compile from source", you mean to use the instructions from the "INSTALL" file?
Git is a distributed revision control system. You can get the latest source code of Anjuta there. An average user usually don't need to install Anjuta this way though, since it needs more work and is less stable than the official releases. For more information about git: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git_(software)
Yes, the INSTALL file contains instructions for compiling a program using Autotools, like Anjuta.
Another very important question is:
I am working wiht ROS (Robot Operating System) anyone knows if Anjuta is compatible with ROS build system (namely cmake)???
Anjuta uses Autotools (Autoconf, Automake and Libtool).