Re: [anjuta-devel] Why still keep Scintilla support?

Hi,

On 26/08/2014 15:22, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
Yes, Builder by Christian Hergert:
http://www.hergert.me/blog/2014/07/29/gnome-builder.html

If an IDE component crashes, it can be restarted with D-Bus. The
architecture seems similar with Anjuta. But there won't be plugins in
Builder, at least at the beginning.

Yes, I haven't checked the code but I imagine that Anjuta's plugins are replaced by components.

The code is simpler without plugins. You don't need an API, you can do
all the code refactoring that you want.

I think the API is replaced by the description of exchanged D-Bus messages.

Plugins developed by external
developers are often less well tested with new versions of the
application. The features can be directly implemented in the
application.

Currently, almost all plugins are developed within Anjuta project so the difference is quite minimal.