Re: [anjuta-devel] Code assistance plugin

Hi

On 04/13/2012 10:52 PM, Sébastien Granjoux wrote:

I think we can use both. But I think it would be useful to separate the
parsing part (using ctags currently) from the symbol-db plugin. So we
could have for C, a parser plugin which is using clang instead/and ctags
and for the other languages ctags or something else. It's quite
different from the architecture of the gedit-code-assistance plugin though.

ok I was wrong.
I've found what I'd had like to see for years:
-------------->
class AAA
{
public:
   int aaa;
   int bbb;
};

int myfunction()
{
  AAA a;
  a.

  return 0;
}
<--------------

and by cmd line you issue a:

$ clang -w -fsyntax-only -Xclang -code-completion-at=foo.cpp:12:5 foo.cpp
COMPLETION: AAA : AAA::
COMPLETION: aaa : [#int#]aaa
COMPLETION: bbb : [#int#]bbb
COMPLETION: operator= : [#AAA &#]operator=(<#const AAA &#>)
COMPLETION: ~AAA : [#void#]~AAA()

no other effort has been required.
This opens up a big scenario including the total drop of ctags, libgda, etc. I have to investigate deeply.

Regards,
Massimo