Re: [anjuta-devel] Alternative to jhbuild for building anjuta 3.0+

HI Jhs,

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
Yes, that's the (kind of) known option to install anjuta 3 on Ubuntu. It
would be great if you could update the website and move all the jhbuild
stuff to the wiki (Sebastien already created a page that is easier to

Just fix http://anjuta.org/development.html page. Also, moved the
jhbuild instructions to Seb's wiki page, although I think jhbuild
won't be needed as long as GNOME PPA is updated regularly.

We might also consider providing a PackageKit .catalog file that allows
some kind of one-click install on many distributions.

That's interesting and something we discussed a long time ago to have
one-click ready for development. Good to see that pakagekit guys did
it finally.

However, it's not very useful for the moment to us, because it needs
to have gnome 3 libs in standard distro releases which isn't available
yet. May be, it can be done for fedora 15 already, but I don't have
it. Hopefully, in a matter of months most distros would catch up with
gnome 3 releases and we can create a .catalog file.

Regards,
-Naba