Re: [anjuta-devel] Project manager: changing installation directory

Hi!

* In the target properties, you have ComboBox showing the available
*dir variables for the installation directory. You can choose on of
them or click "New..." as last item of the combo box. That would give
you the possibility to define a new *dir variable with a value.

Do you know another program which has something similar?

I don't recall something in particular now but I expected it to work a bit
like GtkFileChooserButton if you get the idea. But I can check if I find
an example showing this.

Else, it could be just an editable combo box. I don't know exactly how
to enter the value. I could request something like "dirvariable=value"
by example "anjuta_plugindir = $(anjuta_plugin_dir)" but it's not very
obvious.

That's really not obvious and it's the reason I was thinking about having
a separate dialog for creating a new dir variable.

* The group properties show the different *dir variables, possibly
offering to add new ones but I am not sure if that is even necessary.

Ok, currently you can only modify existing one.

I think that's fine.

But this is probably not straighforward to implement.  In general we might
also want to have some way to insert variables into the fields in a
nice way, so that the user can choose from predefined variables like
$(srcdir),
$(distdir), etc.

We have some time to implement things not so obvious, but perhaps we
should define some priority.

It is a bit difficult to know what the users will use most. I kind of feel
that we should invest some time to improve the "Add source" dialog because
it is needed very often and probably much more important than the detailed
stuff inside autotools.