Re: [anjuta-devel] Alternative to jhbuild for building anjuta 3.0+

Hi!

Add "ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3" in your application sources (run:
update-manager -> settings -> other sources -> add). Then, update
install "apt-get install anjuta libanjuta-dev" normally. It will pull
in most needed 3.0 libraries without any conflict with existings ones.
Then, disable the ppa sources so that other packages don't get
installed accidentally. Repeat it whenever you want to update the 3.0
libs.

Yes, that's the (kind of) known option to install anjuta 3 on Ubuntu. It
would be great if you could update the website and move all the jhbuild
stuff to the wiki (Sebastien already created a page that is easier to
maintain) and only show the direct install options on the website.

There is also https://live.gnome.org/DeveloperTools/Installation which
we should link into the anjuta site correctly.

We might also consider providing a PackageKit .catalog file that allows
some kind of one-click install on many distributions.