Re: [anjuta-devel] Project manager: changing installation directory

Hi!

To be honest, I don't like any of the 3 options very much as they expect
that the user kind of knows how autotools works internally.

What I would prefer is something like that:

* In the target properties, you have ComboBox showing the available *dir
variables for the installation directory. You can choose on of them or
click "New..." as last item of the combo box. That would give you the
possibility to define a new *dir variable with a value.

* The group properties show the different *dir variables, possibly
offering to add new ones but I am not sure if that is even necessary.

But this is probably not straighforward to implement. In general we might
also want to have some way to insert variables into the fields in a nice
way, so that the user can choose from predefined variables like $(srcdir),
$(distdir), etc.