Re: [anjuta-devel] goocanvas

Hi!

I understand that it couldn't be so much portable, but hardware
acceleration is not mandatory to use opengl (and then Clutter).
The rendering for our needs can be done in software without problems.

It *could* be done in software but there isn't a stable software
renderer yet. People have experimented with llvm and the mesa software
renderer but both aren't ready, yet. All this is an option for the
future and it might be ok to use for non-mandatory things. But as we
don't have (and don't want to develop) a fallback I wouldn't encourage
anyone to base bigger parts of the anjuta user-interface on it.