Re: [anjuta-devel] goocanvas

Hi Johannes,

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:

This isn't needed anymore as we are now in the "Applications" set which
doesn't limit our dependencies much apart from requiring us to use GNOME
technologie where possible.

That is nice to know. Then, it should certainly be an external dependency.

But goocanvas is most certainly used a lot
among GNOME.

Having it promoted as part of official gnome would clearly help. Also,
I anticipate more Anjuta plugins to start using canvas for graphical
data displays. So, being official dependency helps not to class them
secondary plugins.

Still having this depencency optional would be nice.

Given class-inheritance diagram is a very useful tool for C++ (for C
and GTK+, it's naturally useless), and also assuming we encourage
other plugins to utilize canvas, making the goocanvas available as
primary dep eventually would make lot of sense (however,
class-inheritance specifically has dep to other non-standard libs, so
it can't still be hard built).

Has any proposal been made for it to be included in GNOME? As I see,
it's fairly well done and mature already. It would be a good time to
think about it.

Thanks.

Regards,
-Naba