Re: [anjuta-devel] goocanvas

On 06/28/2011 11:12 AM, Naba Kumar wrote:
Hi Massio,

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Johannes Schmid<jhs jsschmid de>  wrote:
Hi!

while you're on the subject: what about using clutter to display data
(together with Mx toolkit)?
I'm using it in some private projects and it's really great.

The problem is that Mx (and Clutter) require hardware acceleration and
might not be available for some people (and some platforms). We can of
course still use it but I would avoid it for core functionality for now.

Plus I am after a canvas API. But isn't clutter "raw"? There might be
canvas library implemented using clutter, but so far goocanvas seemed
more mature than anything else.

well mine was just a suggestion. Clutter alone [which is mature in its 1.6.x branch] can be used in a raw form but there's also a clutter-gtk branch http://git.gnome.org/browse/clutter-gtk/ which instead isn't that mature. I don't know a lot about goocanvas so I cannot say much about it. Anyway a killer feature for Clutter is its ability to manage complex and cool effects without much effort; I don't think they're on goocanvas too.

thanks and regards,
Massimo