Re: [anjuta-devel] New project interface and introspection

Hi Johannes,

I plan to start merging the changes from the new project branch in the master branch. But how should I do it ?

1. Just merge the whole branch into master.
This will keep all my commits and the two from Abderrahim but make a lots of changes at the same time. As I have tried several ways to implement all this stuff some commits are completely useless, and Anjuta has been broken several times during the process.

2. Try to remove the useless commit.
I think it's possible in git to merge and change some commits but it's quite some work. It will rebase the newproject branch so giving issue to anybody using it but I don't expect that it concerns many persons. I'm not sure it will not give trouble when merged back in the master branch too.

3. Just make a diff between the two branch and commit this.
I plan to split these differences in a three parts:
- Change IAnjutaProjectManager:
Minimal changes, I could almost be done now. Perhaps 5% of all changes
- Change IAnjutaProject:
It needs to completely rewrite the project manager plugin, perhaps 40% of all changes. Moreover, I need to update the directory plugin backend and the autotools backend but still using the Gbf perl script. This last part is really some new code that I have to write.
- Change autotools backend:
It's the last part of the change, so perhaps 55%. It will overwrite the change in the autotools backend done in the previous commit.

Do you have some advices to do this ? Is there another better solution ?

We still have some time as I would like to improve a bit the autotools backend in the newproject branch before but I would like to do this next month.