Re: [anjuta-devel] New project interface and introspection

Hi,

Le 23 octobre 2010 22:00, Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr> a écrit :
Hello,

I have changed the project manager and the autotool backend to use the last
IAnjutaProject interface (with 4 signals and without using thread in the
project manager).

I haven't changed the directory backend so it's probably not working.
Maybe I can help with this. I'll try to look at it when I'm home.

The autotools backend doesn't use thread now and I can see the difference.
The GUI is frozen for a few seconds after start up here, I will restore the
use of threads in a following commit.
Just curious, are you using async IO here? (if not, then it's normal
that GUI is frozen). It would be nice to see if the freeze is coming
from the blocking IO or from the actual parsing.

Previously, to reload a node, I make a copy of the node without its
children, recreate all its children, and then replace all these new children
in the project tree. If the same node was already existing, the item in the
project tree view is the same but point to another AnjutaProjectNode object.

Can this logic be integrated in the ProjectNode object instead?

Now, as we plan to use these AnjutaProjectNode object, I think they
shouldn't change if an already existing node is reloaded. Especially because
a reload can be triggered automatically if a project file is modified. I
have token care of this but it's difficult to do. Do you have such issue in
your backend ?
It's still very incomplete. I have only played with the API so far, so
I'm still not there.

Or do you think it's acceptable to destroy all AnjutaProjectNode and create
new ones when a part of the project is reloaded ?
I think it's better avoided. But if it cannot, I think a "destroy"
signal can be used to tell the users they should drop their