Re: [anjuta-devel] New project interface and introspection

Hi Sebastien!

1. Just merge the whole branch into master.
This will keep all my commits and the two from Abderrahim but make a
lots of changes at the same time. As I have tried several ways to
implement all this stuff some commits are completely useless, and Anjuta
has been broken several times during the process.

Actually, I don't see a big issue here. The full history shouldn't have
any negative effect. You can clean it up though - see below.

2. Try to remove the useless commit.
I think it's possible in git to merge and change some commits but it's
quite some work. It will rebase the newproject branch so giving issue to
anybody using it but I don't expect that it concerns many persons. I'm
not sure it will not give trouble when merged back in the master branch too.

You can try to run

# git rebase -i 50

where 50 is the number of commits you want to edit. This will open an
editor with the last 50 commits where you can delete individual commits
by just deleting the line describing the commit. The commit will be
really lost and you should be careful to have a backup somewhere. This
can cause conflicts of course, I don't know if it's worth it.

3. Just make a diff between the two branch and commit this.

I don't like that too much, it kind of breaks the usual git workflow.

Do you have some advices to do this ? Is there another better solution ?

As I said, either just merge it (1) or try to clean it up a bit (2) but
I think that (2) could cause some pain. You can give it a try though.

We still have some time as I would like to improve a bit the autotools
backend in the newproject branch before but I would like to do this next
month.

Thanks for all the work you put into that branch!