Re: [anjuta-devel] New project interface and introspection

Hi,

I'm still working on the autotools backend but I'm thinking on how to merge the newproject branch.

This must be done before the end of November to so we can have some time to check the code in the master branch.

I think it's better to not merge every commit in the master branch, some parts have changed several times and this history is useless. I suppose I can get the difference between the master branch and the newproject branch as a patch and apply it in the master branch as one commit.

Then, I think it would be better to split this code in smaller changes, by example:
- change IAnjutaProjectManager interface
- change project manager plugin and updating Gbf backend
- replace directory backend
- replace autotools backend
        - add anjuta token function
        - add regression test
- other miscellaneous changes in libanjuta

Updating the IAnjutaProjectManager interface needs to add some code in the Gbf autotools backend to list all header files of a package. The advantage is that it can be done quite faste and other plugins could use the new interface.

Then the change in the project manager needs some additional change in Gbf backend perhaps one or two weeks. Currently, the new makefile backend is not working, so this work can be useful to keep this backend using Gbf in the next release. I don't really know if it worths it though. It's useful as a backup solution, in case there are too much troubles with the new code (I really would like to avoid regression for the user).

The lastest IAnjutaProject interface has the following characteristics:
- Use floating GObject for AnjutaProjectNode. I could use normal GObject if it's a problem. - Asynchronous load and save function with a callback. The load callback can be called several time, could you confirm that it's not an issue for python bindings ?
- One project-updated signal when the project is changed on the disk.
- One GObject project implementing the IAnjutaProject interface.
- Properties are using C structures

I would like to be sure that it's really fine before implementing it. Do you see some things that could give troubles or just could be improved ?