Re: [anjuta-devel] Python debugger

Hi Abderrahim,

Le 24/08/2010 17:59, Abderrahim Kitouni a écrit :
You tell in the bug reports that you cannot pass callback to virtual
functions (I have missed this before writing the previous email) that's it ?
Yes, that's it. This means Debugger, Vcs and Builder.

Thanks, I see the issue now. Indeed, it's a severe limitation.

PyGObject uses GObject Introspection to generate bindings at runtime
while PyGtk generates bindings statically, so using PyGObject greatly
simplifies building bindings.

Sure, on the other hand, PyGObject is probably much slower and has more limitations.

Another issue is that PyGtk isn't going to be supported for a long time
(gtk+ 3 support was added only to help transition to PyGObject).

Ok, Thanks for these informations.