Re: [anjuta-devel] Python debugger

في س، 21-08-2010 عند 16:13 +0200 ، كتب Sébastien Granjoux:
Hi,

Le 21/08/2010 13:38, Abderrahim KITOUNI a écrit :
  Then, what do you mean by overriding a callback ? Could you tell me which
function cannot be implemented in python ?
most of the debugger functions cannot.

You tell in the bug reports that you cannot pass callback to virtual
functions (I have missed this before writing the previous email) that's it ?
Yes, that's it. This means Debugger, Vcs and Builder.

Yes, that's the problem : you cannot call a callback from python.
PyGObject supports marshalling callbacks from python to C but not the
other way around. I've tried to implement it, but I've found strange
bugs.

It was possible with PyGtk as I have written the debugger using winpdb.
Do you know if it's still supported ? I haven't follow the changes with
PyGtk what is the difference with PyGObject ?
PyGObject uses GObject Introspection to generate bindings at runtime
while PyGtk generates bindings statically, so using PyGObject greatly
simplifies building bindings.

Another issue is that PyGtk isn't going to be supported for a long time
(gtk+ 3 support was added only to help transition to PyGObject).

Abderrahim