Re: [xslt] xsltproc memory consumption w/ large DTD / docbook

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> > <!DOCTYPE whatever [ <!ENTITY file SYSTEM "file.xml" NDATA XML> ]>
> >
> > So the XML parser can't see that the value of targetdocent is actually the
> > name of an entity which will be resolved using unparsed-entity-uri by some
> > stylesheet. And even if it could, it wouldn't be able to expand it in a
> > sensible manner. Or am I missing the point?
> Why can't the XML parser see the entity declaration? it should a)
It can see the declaration but can't identify the value of targetdocent as
a reference to it.

> see it, and b) return the right answer to unparsed-entity-uri, so far
> as I can see.
Wasn't the goal to expand all entity references and then throw away the
declarations?

BTW: unparsed-entity-uri is done by the XSL processor, not the XML parser
as far as I can see.
--
Micha