Re: [xslt] xsltproc memory consumption w/ large DTD / docbook

On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 13:17, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> >  <!DOCTYPE article [
> >     <!ENTITY foo "bar">
> >  ]>
> >  <article>&foo;</article>
> >
> > is reasonable XML?
>
>   it does not allow validation of the fragment, as a result not very
> reasonable for a publishing use IMHO.

but you can vavlidate the fragment against a schema. or override the DTD
using your own xmllint's
	--loaddtd : fetch external DTD
	--dtdattr : loaddtd + populate the tree with inheritedattributes
	--dropdtd : remove the DOCTYPE of the input docs

>   not for character entity definitions in publishing space, there is
> no replacement and charrefs are not meaninful to a human brain.

so you use a decent Unicode editor in the first place...

>   We are still for docbook publishing working in a DTD based framework.

not for long, though, since I understand Docbook will
have schemas soon. and of course anyone can generate automatic
translations using a variety of tools.