Re: [xml] Using Xpath with default namespace and null prefix

On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 03:08:49AM +0100, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
Unfortunatelly in my case I'm implementing a XCAP (RFC 4825) client and
server. XCAP reuses Xpath but allows Xpath nodes without prefix matching an
"application specified namespace". This is, the following "Xpath" should work

  Sorry, that's not XPath behaviour, and not possible with libxml2 which
implements XPath. I'm very surprized that such a deviation from a W3C
standard was allowed in an IETF specification, there used to be liaison
between W3C and IETF to avoid this kind of problems. I note that RFC 4825
references an XPath 2.0 Candidate Recommendation, libxml2 implements
XPath 1.0 , so maybe the divergence is normal but this should be
double-checked. I also see it reference XML Fragment Interchange CR
draft, so I really wonder if the liaison work was properly done on
that IETF specification >:->

Daniel