Re: [xml] Mac OS X Binaries

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 11:09:01AM +0300, Andrew W. Nosenko wrote:
On 7/14/07, Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:
On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 10:24:23AM +1000, Steve Ball wrote:

I compiled the tests for libxml2 and ran them on both the Mac Book
Pro (Intel) and a PowerBook (PPC).  All tests passed... well, almost;
there was one error reported but the message said "Specific platform
thread support not detected" so I presume that this means threading
may not be available.

  Strange, I would expect pthreads to be available, probably worth exploring.

Under Darwin no special compiler options nor libraries need for thread support.
All pthread functions exist in the libc.
libpthread exists just as stub for compatibility with packages that
links with libpthread unconditionally.

Even less than a stub really:

  $ ls -l /usr/lib/libpthread.dylib
  lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  15 22 Mar  2006 /usr/lib/libpthread.dylib -> libSystem.dylib

where libSystem on darwin is what libc is on linux, and is
automatically linked by default in all binaries.

dan

--
Daniel Macks
dmacks netspace org