Re: [xml] Mac OS X Binaries

On Sat, Jul 14, 2007 at 10:24:23AM +1000, Steve Ball wrote:
Hi Daniel,

You wrote:
Please note that I not yet done exhaustive testing on these
binaries.  They were built on my shiny new Mac Book Pro (Intel
processor) and I am not 100% certain whether the swap in endianness
on the PowerPC architecture will be a problem.  Please report any
problems that you might have (on either architecture) to me at
mailto:Steve Ball explain com au

  Did you need any patch ?

Not at this stage - everything compiled without any modifications.  I
was wondering whether you would like to add the XCode project files
to the source repository?

  if it's not too big why not, especially if it's a text format which can
be patched.

I compiled the tests for libxml2 and ran them on both the Mac Book
Pro (Intel) and a PowerBook (PPC).  All tests passed... well, almost;
there was one error reported but the message said "Specific platform
thread support not detected" so I presume that this means threading
may not be available.

  Strange, I would expect pthreads to be available, probably worth exploring.

For libxslt, I haven't run the tests yet on either platform.  Once I
do that I'll report on success or failure.  I'm not anticipating any
problems (if there were going to be problems I'd have thought they
would manifest themselves in the libxml2 code), but you never know...

  okay, thanks,

Daniel