Re: [xml] strange transformCtxt free-ing problem

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 02:26:26PM +0000, Nic James Ferrier wrote:
Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> writes:

 what is pctx ??? i find suspicious the fact you could provide a C parser
context here.

It's supplied to the loader implementation function, which is what
this is.

I thought the advice was that you had to use the parser context
functions from a loader.

  The loader should not parse. It should return the input to parse, in
python the string c.f. the examples.

      doc = None
      if url == "/one":
          doc = parserContext.htmlCtxtReadFile("file2.html", "UTF8", 1)
      else:
          doc = parserContext.ctxtReadDoc("""<document>

  just use htmlReadFile and forget about trying to address directly the
parser context. With python overhead you won't gain anything to create
a separately accessible object. The less you touch things though Python
the better it will be, really. That said HTML parsing works for me when
using htmlReadFile.

I tried this and it does work.

But I get a memory leak. Not sure what the memory leak is... and it
seems to be there if I use just the context stuff.

  The context is passed in the callback to be able to identify what is
requesting that loading. The parser at that point is in the middle of
parsing a document. You definitely cannot reuse it to parse something
different there. Basically in python except for identification you must
not try to use it.

Daniel