Re: [xml] Win32 support

Von: Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 03:41:17PM +0200, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
  If you pass a windows path to an URI parsing routine this may not
work, and that's perfectly okay. The semantic and syntax is dictated
by
the corresponding RFCs (2396 though it's now obsoleted and I should
update)
and there is no way I'm gonna change for example the parsing of the
scheme related part and change it on windows. An URI is an URI and
the syntax and processing must be platform agnostic. Maybe the URI
routine
should not be called but modifying the URI code is not in order,
I can't apply that part of the patch,

Ok, thx for the explanation. Would it be possible to wait for the
release until tomorrow so I can create another patch for this?
Is it okay when the uri parsing gets something like this:
file:///e:/my/path/ ?

  That will be parsed as a file URI, yes. "e:/my/path/" will be parsed
as an URI with a protocol of "e",
  And no that can't wait, FC7test4 deadline is now...
Sad :(
So we have to live with an own version until you release 2.6.29...
Maybe the win32 package maintainer can add the patch for win32 only tomorrow?

Christian