Re: [xml] Win32 support

[Cc'ed the list back, all discussions and patches should really go there and
 not on my private inbox, Daniel ]

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 06:14:21PM +0200, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
Hi,

Here a first patch for my win32 problems.

  Applied, even if I think it's kindof broken, now any path using ';'
won't work on Windows even if it work on Unixes, but it's all cleanly
separated and affects purely Win32 so I don't care that much.

It fixes a problem parsing XML_CATALOG_FILES env var by recognizing the
correct path separator on win32 (';' instead ':' because ':' is used for
the drive letters)
It also converts '\' to '/' to avoid a check for '\' inside libxml2.

Maybe PATH_SEAPRATOR can be moved to a global config file?

  I don't think it's a good idea. There is always ' ' useable as
the path separator too. Anyway whatever the character used, someone
is gonna complain about it. I would not export this.

Do I have to do a doc update for this? I don't think it's necessary
because separating paths with ';' is standard on windows

  And you expect people to follow Windows guidelines when porting libxml2
related code to that platform ?

btw: how is your coding style for new code? I recognized that there are
tabs and spaces used - without any system :)

  I use this for reindenting. I get patches with zillions different styles

#!/bin/sh
indent -bad -bap -bbb -bli4 -br -ce -brs -cs -i4 -l75 -lc75 -nut -sbi4 -psl -saf -sai -saw -sbi4 -ss -sc -cdw
-cli4 -npcs -nbc

I cleanup only when I get really annoyed. I use a tab stop of 4.

Daniel