Re: [xml] Win32 support

Von: Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
Von: Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com>
On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 02:56:40PM +0200, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
The seond patch needs some more work - hope to get it working in a
acceptable way in the next few days.

  What does it do? I plan a release like within the next hour.

It's the change in uri.c from the patch I posted here:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xml/2007-January/msg00175.html

I wanted to investigate some more the see if there's a better solution
for this, but if you want to release a new version it's maybe better to just
use this one.
The problem is that this function currently does not recognize
windows-paths (they come from the env var XML_CATALOG_FILES) in the form c:/my/path
and a wrong uri was created.

  If you pass a windows path to an URI parsing routine this may not
work, and that's perfectly okay. The semantic and syntax is dictated by
the corresponding RFCs (2396 though it's now obsoleted and I should
update)
and there is no way I'm gonna change for example the parsing of the
scheme related part and change it on windows. An URI is an URI and
the syntax and processing must be platform agnostic. Maybe the URI routine
should not be called but modifying the URI code is not in order,
I can't apply that part of the patch,

Ok, thx for the explanation. Would it be possible to wait for the release until tomorrow so I can create
another patch for this?
Is it okay when the uri parsing gets something like this:
file:///e:/my/path/ ?

Christian