Re: [xml] VC6, STL and VALID.H header error during compilation

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 12:11:39PM +0200, Remy HAREL wrote:
That's for sure, but I think  you just don't get it. I hope this will
help understanding the point, no offense, this is not my aim. I use
libxml for months and this is a good project.

Many users want a library to produce xml, they see that libxml2 is good
for that, and decide to use it.
They don't matter about which licence it is, and maybe they don't want
to develop it, and most of them will not even be able to do it.

  Then they find someone competent who can do the job for them, they pay
him and he follows the process for them. That's the alternative, and since
it's OSS anybody with basical technical knowledge can learn about it and
then sell such services.

Using a open source project does not imply developping it. I think this
is better, because I like open source projects, but many users don't care.

       time is money
  knowledge is money

  Then they can get inject money in a third party and get them to do it
for them ! They just need to make sure those people do follow the process
so that their patch get in upstream and they won't have the problem again
when they upgrade.

I'm sorry, this is off topic, but, I just want to say it, because of
libxml2 is a good project, and I hope it will be for years ( I'm sure ).

Not off-topic, very much worth discussing, though it's completely generic :-)

Daniel