Re: [xml] redicting parts of trees
- From: Kasimier Buchcik <kbuchcik 4commerce de>
- To: Kasimier Buchcik <kbuchcik 4commerce de>, Rob Richards <rrichards ctindustries net>
- Cc: "xml gnome org" <xml gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [xml] redicting parts of trees
- Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 17:06:49 +0200
On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 16:47 +0200, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 10:44 -0400, Rob Richards wrote:
To avoid breaking stuff, shouldn't an additional function be added which
returns an initialized context with all fields set to null and be the
required way to grab the context or run the risk of crashing in future
releases? This way when a context is needed, they would call the init
function and then populate their context? As it would be bad if someone
used the context structure directly not realizing new fields have been
added and need to be initialized.
Yes, a factory function, e.g. xmlDOMWrapNewCtxt(), which would memset
the structure to 0, should be added.
OK, committed xmlDOMWrapNewCtxt() and xmlDOMWrapFreeCtxt().
] [Thread Prev