Re: [xml] Bug or User Error

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 02:45:14PM +0100, Peter Jacobi wrote:
Hi Daniel, All,

Daniel wrote:
How should I proceed ?
Why so little people contributed code examples as I suggested ?
Should I just ignore posts which irritates me ?

Difficult to say, also considering that I can see a point in Christopher's
posting.

  yes,

IMHO the main problem, is the evolutionary nature of libxml2. We've talked
about this once a year, the API grew as fucntionality was added. It's far
to late the hide now implementation details, which should have been hidden
from the start, etc.

  Hum, depends, some people really want access to the low level, maybe
it's not your case but they exist, even in the "business" world...

From my experience -and judging from some other stories- where it is
successfully used in larger projects, libxml2 is handled like a wild,
dangerous animal. Carefully and with respect.

One team member has to learn everything, put project specific wrappers
around it, and all other are advised to only use this wrapper.

Of course there are the "big" public wrappers for Python and C++.
Perhaps someone should do a public C wrapper...

  I would rather see documentation about the high level interfaces
than "wrappers". The problem is people poking randomly in libxml2
APIs or data structures because they don't get to the right APIs
and try to get their code "up and running" quickly.

Daniel