Re: [xml] Proposal: xmlStr* functions get their own module

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 04:22:48AM -0800, Reid Spencer wrote:
I actually consider the change in the documentation URLs to be a _good_
thing. Why should anyone (new) to libxml expect to find the xmlStr*
functions in the parser module?  Using the search engine won't be

  Well, I hate breaking public URI and frangment identifier in general.

affected by this change. If you look up, say, xmlStrdup. you'll just
find it on a different page (with a more appropriate name).

  Right this won't change for people using the local search engine.

I'll do this one and submit the patches. Its pretty easy.

  okidoc, it's not hard but the devil is in the details, like
proper formatting and documentation of the new module, and making
sure all the previous inclusions chains from client code still work.

   thanks,

Daniel