Re: [xml] Proposal: xmlStr* functions get their own module

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 08:49:35PM -0800, Reid Spencer wrote:
Would anyone be opposed to me moving the functions that strictly
manipulate xmlChar* (i.e. the various xmlStr* functions) into a separate
module?

There are times and places where I'd just like to #include
<libxml/xmlstr.h> instead of parser.h.

  Hum ... there is some logic there, the definition of xmlChar would
have to be moved, the tree.h and parser.h and possibly a number of
other header would have to include this. At the C level it would
be better to also split the code in a separate .c module.
  That's cleanup, it kind of make sense, the negative point is that
it will change the documentation URLs for those functions, and it's
quite a bit of work without immediate improvement for most users. But
if you want to look into it, why not !

Daniel