Re: [xml] Autotools stuff in libxml2

On Thursday 09 October 2003 16:21, William M. Brack wrote:
I am also a strong supporter of going with the latest and greatest,
but Aleksey's point is a good one.  Of course, there must be some
limits to how long the library must cater for older versions of the
auto* routines.  At the moment, I believe we are trying to at least
maintain compatibility with autoconf-2.13 and automake-1.4.

Mike, could you save me a little time and let me know which of your
requested changes would maintain compatibility within that
constraint?

I'll come back to you when I'll have time to take a look into it.

Also, with regard to your "P.S.", I don't get any such warnings on
my system (x86 gentoo, gcc-3.2.3), but I seem to remember seeing
some on either the Alpha or the HP, because of the way some
validation macros check for unicode even though the argument is an
unsigned char.  Which library version are you referring to, which
compiler, and which architecture?  Also, what compiler flags are you
using (when testing I'm using -g -O -pedantic -W -Wunused -Wimplicit
-Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wtrigraphs -Wformat
-Wchar-subscripts -Wuninitialized -Wparentheses -Wshadow
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Winline
-Wredundant-decls)?

-g -O2 -Wall, and I get these warnings on all architectures, including x86.

Regards,

Mike

--
"I have sampled every language, french is my favorite. Fantastic language,
especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de