Re: [xml] xmllint/Relax NG segfaulting

I can't reproduce this on my P3 system:

OK, when I got home I rebooted my notebook (which normally runs that
other OS [please don't tell Igor - I like to act ignorant in that
area]) onto Linux and tried the test program:

bill billt30 bill $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Mobile CPU 1.60GHz
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 1598.685
cache size      : 512 KB
<snip>

bill billt30 work2 $ ./xmllint --noout --relaxng p4crash.rng
p4crash.zcml
RNG validity error: file p4crash.zcml line 23 element page
Invalid attribute menu for element page
RNG validity error: file p4crash.zcml line 31 element page
Invalid attribute template for element page
RNG validity error: file p4crash.zcml line 39 element page
Invalid attribute template for element page
p4crash.zcml fails to validate

bill billt30 work2 $bill billt30 work2 $ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.2.3 20030422 (Gentoo Linux 1.4 3.2.3-r1, propolice)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
is NO
PURPOSE.

bill billt30 work2 $ ls -l /lib/libc-*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      1466302 Jul 20 19:31
/lib/libc-2.3.2.so

valgrind also shows there is no problem with libxml2's memory handling.

Martijn, I certainly believe you have some problem, but it's very
difficult to guess where it is.  Could you answer the following:-

1)  Are you certain when you downloaded the CVS it included Daniel's
patch (check that line #1079 is "ret->maxAttrs = nbAttrs;")
(sometimes there are timing problems with gnome's cvs - the files
loaded through anonymous CVS are only updated periodically from the
"real" CVS image, and the bug was such that it might not fail every
time)?

2)  If the answer to (1) is yes, did you download all of the CVS
source, or only the relaxng.c file (my thinking is that you may be
affected by some other bug which has already been fixed in CVS)?

3) Can you let me know the OS and version, as well as the compiler
and version, that you are using? (at this point I am getting fairly
desparate :-)

I am going to be out of contact for a day or so (travelling), but
will check the list for any response as soon as I can.

Regards,
Bill