Re: [xml] Release of libxml2-2.5.7

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 07:16, Daniel Veillard wrote:

  Okay, basically I have a python parser for C . I currently use it
(apibuild.py) to parse the C and H files of libxml2 and libxslt sources
and built the XML api description from it. But I should also be able
to add C code examples covering various aspects of libxml2 use and
use this to generate automatically an online cross referenced and indexed
tutorial. Then documenting the whole set of API would be a matter of
producing more C examples and dropping then in an indexed directory,
at least in theory :-)

Cool! And is it self-documenting by exracting comments from the code?

Another idea I've had (but not had the time to act on) to improve the
documentation is to collect links to places where others are using the
library, so folks can see examples of the code in action. (I'm thinking
here of web-visible code, web-ized cvs repositories and the like.)

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Not only isn't reality real - it's an illusion created by unreal people to
sell real people unnecesary cars." - Griffy