Re: [xml] Release of libxml2-2.5.7

Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   Speaking of "industrial uses", I would be interested in getting
> feedback especially from industry professionals, in 2 ways:
>
>     - upcoming work: what are the point which may prevent
>       deployement of libxml2 within your enterprise, what's missing ?
>       What's broken ? W3C XML Schemas seems the most obvious candidate
>       but I would like to hear from my users on this. I also really
>       need to improve the documentation, especially a set of indexed
>       examples.

besides schema support I'd very much like an enhanced error handling
API, as we already discussed earlier...

>     - use cases and "success story": basically I don't have any public
>       list of use case, if you use libxml2 for serious processing, think
>       about making a public statement, it will allow libxml2 to look
>       "professionnal" and also will give me references I can point
>       my management to when they wonder if my time is well spent, you
>       should consider this as being your own interest if you can do it!

I'm working on a document centered architecture for a CAS company
(Computer Assisted Surgery): http://www.orthosoft.ca, where all data
processing is organized around the concept of a 'patient record'.
That includes configuration data, persistent storage, and all kind of
other jazz. I'm using both, an SAX and a DOM based API for this.

It's working wonderfully thus far. Thanks for all your work !

Stefan