Re: proposed addition to EWMH: _NET_WM_NORMAL_GEOMETRY

> then again - one would argue... how often do users change wm's? really? is this
> worth standardising? i know that it is possible for me to support this - but

Well, I'm guessing that just about every single one of our users
(yours and mine and Dana's too) switched his WM at some point. It's in
the best interests of progress for users to be able to try out new WMs
seamlessly. Who knows what will be blamed on you?

> its usefulness is dubious as i have other things i also need to store between
> restarts too and will still need private properties for this.

I agree with this. We still need our own layer and window decoration
properties, but these haven't been standardized very well (and
probably can't be). If we're all going to be storing this info anyway,
I think we should be making a point to interoperate.

My situation is that I'm going to have to implement this as a new
property either way. I would prefer that it be a standard one so that
I don't have to change it later and so that it's compatible with other
window managers.

  Mark