Re: Wiican uploaded to Debian Sid.

El día 7 de diciembre de 2010 00:21, J. Félix Ontañón
<fontanon emergya es> escribió:
> 2010/12/6 Juanje Ojeda <jojeda emergya es>:
>> Hi :-)
>>
>> First... Congrats!!! and good work :-)
>>
>> El día 6 de diciembre de 2010 21:19, Matthew Grant
>> <matthewgrant5 gmail com> escribió:
>>> 2010/12/7 J. Félix Ontañón <fontanon emergya es>
>> [...]
>>>
>>> Based on 0.3.1-1~getdeb2 source.  That was to do with the udev rule - that
>>> had me a bit confused until I worked out that the deleted udev source file
>>> was a file rename!
>>>
>>> I am about to upload the git VCS of the package some where.  git.gnome.org
>>> allong side wiican sounds like a good place.  How do I get write access
>>> there please?
>>
>> Do you mean the VCS for the package source? the debian/ directory?
>> I'd prefer no to mix upstream code and distribution packaging code,
>> I'd prefer to upload to git.debian.org or Launchpad 8where the old
>> packaging code was before.
>>
>> Thanks for the good work :-)
>>

> I don't know exactly if there's some custom in git.gnome.org to store
> source packages too. Maybe in a separately branch? I think it's a
> classic to store the source packages for ubuntu on a launchpad branch
> but, what about for debian?
>
> Could someone clarify?

As far as I know, there isn't. The package's code is stored at the
distribution's repositories and VCS, not at git.gnome.org (neither at
KDE or the other upstrem projects).
Some projects store also the package's code at the upstream repository
but once the project is integrated in a distribution, the code is
maintained there by the distribution (debian, ubuntu, fedora, etc), so
there is no point to have it duplicated.

If we can't upload the code (yet) to git.debian.org, I sugest to
upload it to Launchpad, were we have already a project[1], branches
and bug tracking for the packaging issues.

Cheers.

[1] https://launchpad.net/wiican
--
Juanje Ojeda Croissier
Responsable de Comunidad

Emergya Consultoría
Tfno: +34 954 51 75 77 / +34 672 16 74 09
Fax: +34 954 51 64 73
www.emergya.es