From HAL to udev. Testing needed.
- From: J. Félix Ontañón <fontanon emergya es>
- To: Wiican Mailing List <wiican-list gnome org>
- Subject: From HAL to udev. Testing needed.
- Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 18:46:38 +0100
Recently I pushed a separated branch for coding the port of HAL
dependency to udev (aka "halsectomy").
It's seems to work quite well and I think it's smarter now. I've
successfully runned it on Ubuntu Maverick, and even Meego (after
resolving a boring dependency hell).
It would be really nice if someone could do some test and confirm a
right behavior. HAL (now udev) was used to detect the adition/removal
of the input device named "Nintendo Wiimote". I think it's enough to:
* Run wiican
* Launch a mapping (the notification will appear)
* Press 1+2 to discover the wiimote
* Play for a while
* Disconnect by pressing the wiimote shutdown physical button or by
doing click on "Disconnect" menu.
J. Félix Ontañón Carmona
][Date Next] [Thread Prev