Re: [Vala] A brand new build system

20.05.2014 06:48, Robert Ancell пишет:

The goal is for Bake to be a general purpose build system suitable for
small to medium sized projects. It will support popular programming
languages and data files. Bake should be easy to learn, use and debug. Bake
will accessible both from command line and from an IDE. Bake will be fast
enough to not be noticeable.

That sounds just like generic description of make. Or cmake. Or scons. Or... you got
the point ;-)
Could you perhaps highlight the difference?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying we don't need yet another system, I just would
like to see what's the special features or usecases or examples which would make user
go "awesome!" :)

For example I've switched to autovala from make because it "knows" vala - and let me
write equally functional build receipts in 5-6 times less code.

And for my project in language(s) X,Y I would happily switch to bake because... ?

cheers,
Max.