Re: [Vala] A brand new build system

Guys, thanks for replies.

Calvin, I don`t intend to create whole build from sctrach. I was thinking
in a kind of "frontend", easy to understand, with nice syntax, that
dispatch commands and scripts to autotools, make, cmake and all this
stabilished and reliable software. I know that doesn't need to reinvent the
wheel, but, just let it more soft... :)

When I started this thread, I don't knew autovala. I don't use it in deep,
but seems much powerful to me. I understood that it make a kind of
proprocessing, generating the make files.

My idea is similar, but I want to hide the complexicity of generated make
files, putting it in a build/ or /tmp/ folder, starting other tools to make
it happen. This way, existing Makefile's, ./configure's and others can be
used too, preserving the work projects, but adding more management, like a
public online package repository, bundling, deploying, and whatever...

What you think about it?