Re: [Vala] A brand new build system

________________________________
From: Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com>
To: Steven Oliver <oliver steven gmail com>
Cc: "vala-list gnome org" <vala-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, 16 May 2014, 22:43
Subject: Re: [Vala] A brand new build system

(I'm the author of Bake).

Bake has detailed documentation with it (as shown in that link)

The documentation is also readable in raw Mallard format (much the same as HTML):
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~bake-team/bake/trunk/files/head:/help/
It give me the impression Bake is intended to be comprehensive :-)
and the Vala page ( http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~bake-team/bake/trunk/view/head:/help/vala.page ) might be
worth a look.

So it's held in Bazaar, any thoughts on switching to Git? Eric S. Raymond argues Bazaar is dying (
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2014-01/msg00005.html ). You might get more people giving it a
quick spin if they can do a git clone. I was about to give it a go, but only got as far as reading this (
http://askubuntu.com/questions/10389/how-can-i-import-bzr-branches-into-git ).

but lacks a website [1]. Help welcome :)

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bake/+bug/1215366

What kind of website? I presume the project infrastructure, i.e. repository, mailing list, bug reporting will
be handled off site?

How would you describe the current status of the project and its goals in a hundred words? :-)

Looks a very interesting project. NEWS file also gives a flavour (
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~bake-team/bake/trunk/view/head:/NEWS )

All the best,

Al